Our ongoing MOOCs series to help teachers from around the world reach more students through online learning. This one is 7 Steps to Building a Great Online Course
Tuesday, September 23, 2014
Friday, September 19, 2014
According to the National Education Association, over the past 10 years, the number of U.S. students enrolled in special education programs has risen 30 percent. Three out of every four students with disabilities spend part or all of their school day in a general education classroom. In turn, nearly every general education classroom across the country includes students with disabilities.
It's time to give all educators the special education professional development they need to help all students succeed. More to come!
Monday, September 15, 2014
Teachers now have access to the incredible online professional development series offered by Blended Schools Network through Udemy. These online modules will help teachers implement blended learning or flipped classrooms in their school or can help them teach online.
Find out more about online teacher professional development!
Wednesday, September 10, 2014
Monday, September 8, 2014
Our amazing team from Blended Schools Network that creates the best online professional development has now put our teacher training on Udemy.
Take a look at:
Take a look at:
- Formative Assessments Learn to provide your K12 students with opportunities to use blogging, discussion boards, chat, quizzes and games for formative assessment.This course is designed for K12 teachers who wish to add online discussion and quizzes activities to their classroom as formative assessment in a blended learning experience. Through lectures, activities and collaboration, participants will build an outline for a discussion activity and a formative quiz. In this course you will learn about:
- The Benefits of Online Discussion
- Planning Asynchronous Online Discussion
- Guiding Asynchronous Online Discussion
- Managing Asynchronous Online Discussion
- The Role of Automated Assessment
- Lesson Planning with Automated Assessments
- Creating and Choosing Formative Assessments
- At the end of the course participants are also offered the opportunity to complete a project that will allow them to create a lesson plan showing how they will use online discussion to assess students' learning and foster further growth. It will also detail policies and procedures for preventing and addressing disruptions.
- Flipped Classroom Learn to provide your K12 students learning flexibility by including asynchronous instruction as part of your rotated blended learning classroom. This course is designed for K12 teachers who wish to add online direct to their classroom as part of a rotated blended learning experience. Rotated classrooms include station and lab rotation as well as the flipped classroom. Through lectures, activities and collaboration, participants will build a lesson plan for an rotated online lesson with direct instruction.In this course you will learn about:
- The Benefits of Video in a Blended Learning Environment
- Planning Blended Lessons with Video
- Planning a Rotation Model Lesson
- Structuring the Online Portion of a Lesson
- At the end of the course participants are also offered the opportunity to complete a project that will allow them to create a lesson plan showing how they will use asynchronous direct instruction in a rotated classroom.
- Throughout this course participants will learn about the concepts while acquiring a tool set they can use in their own classroom and also be able to connect with other teachers attempting to online discussion in their own classroom.
- Completion of this course will take 4-6 hours depending on how much time participants spend on the collaboration and project activities. We hope that during the course you'll be able to connect with other course participants and spend time bouncing ideas off others
Please check them out!