Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Last Day at ABCTE!

What a long, strange trip it's been. Started with ABCTE back in March of 2005 when it really was just a test. In the past 5 years we have certified over 2,000 new teachers, added 250 hours of great preparation resources, passed legislation in 3 states and passed state board approval in 3 others and created some great research around the program. Best of all, we have the financial resources to move forward (though some donations and federal grants would certainly increase the pace of expansion).

But, I am need of a new adventure.

So on Friday I will head my car southwest to Dallas and the American College of Education. I believe that online learning will increase access to better learning for more students. This next step allows me to ensure that will happen.

So please continue to follow along and I will keep you posted on how we can move education forward.