The six technology changes affecting higher ed are
- Social media's impact - building communities of practice, learning communities - higher ed needs to understand how to leverage social media for improved outcomes
- Blended learning - obvious but is really taking hold - combining the best of live and online learning is a necessity for improved success
- Data-driven learning and assessment - necessary for creating personalized learning and improving overall performance
- Learning by making and creating as opposed to simple consumption is a huge shift and will be difficult for most to adopt
- Continuing evolution to improved online learning will be a longer term change but still coming
- More agile approaches to teaching and learning - mimicking start ups in technology
Well worth the read as those that stay ahead of these changes will win in the long run.